Lowe's FT - Mechanic II in Henderson, Colorado
FT - Mechanic II - Day
What You Will Do
The focus of the maintenance team is to keep equipment in the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) fully operational. The Maintenance Mechanic II is a knowledgeable repair person with exposure to and experience with RDC systems and building components. The Maintenance Mechanic II has specialist knowledge and complex repair capability in two of the following areas: conveyors, rolling stock, or building. In addition, the individual in this role has general knowledge and basic repair capability in the other area outside her/his specialty. In all instances, the Maintenance Mechanic II has sufficient electrical and mechanical knowledge to safely and independently repair equipment in the RDC. The Maintenance Mechanic II is able to integrate her/his trade skills, classroom knowledge, and systems experience to recognize and diagnose equipment issues, determine the type of repair needed, prioritize and plan the work, obtain or order the appropriate spare parts, and execute the repair. This person is capable of mentoring a Utility and Maintenance Mechanic I, but also seeks assistance from the Maintenance Coach, when needed.
What We\'re Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that may be changed/modified by management based on the needs of the facility.
• Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the needs of the facility.
• Requires on-call support.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Must be able to use tools and complete maintenance related tasks that require fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Must be able to work safely with corrosive materials and at heights of 20+ feet.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Possess a valid state driver’s license
• 4 years of maintenance experience
• 2 years of experience in each of her/his two specialty areas
• Experience repairing and providing technical training in standard electrical/electronic voltages (51-599) volt systems and above
• If required by local regulations, certified to perform work at a Senior Mechanic level (such as electrical work in the state of Oregon)
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Able to see objects and discriminate color
• High school diploma or technical school graduate
• Experience and/or certification with welding and fabrication
• Certification for electrical work and/or high voltage work
• Experience operating various maintenance and operations vehicles and equipment
• Demonstrated track record of addressing equipment/system irregularities in his/her specialty area, consequently avoiding or reducing equipment/system failures and down time
• Experience reading blueprints, schematics, and other technical drawings
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.