SiteWise Corporation Entry Level Gas Meter Technician in Henderson, Colorado
SiteWise LLC, a utility contractor, has provided turnkey construction and engineering services since 1987. These services include a wide variety of distribution/mainline construction, gas operations and maintenance, and meter/system interface services. SiteWise service offerings are enhanced by additional departments dedicated to utility locating, hydro excavation, subsurface utility engineering and route mapping.
Gas Meter Technicians works under the direction of Meter Foremen, Meter Supervisors and Meter Superintendents and performs physical activities in support of completing meter exchanges, meter support for construction crews, meter move outs and associated piping, meter testing and other related gas meter work. This entry level position will support experienced Meter Techs for a project in Leadville, Co and various locations local or rural. Travel, weekend and afterhours work is required. Training will mostly occur in the Denver metro area, but will also be subject to travel. Once the entry level tech has gained "on the job experience" and passed qualifications, the individual will be evaluated to become a Meter Tech working on their own.
At the root of our success and growth here at SiteWise is the practice of our core values, TRAITS, which is responsible for Sitewise being a more desirable workplace in many ways for current and future employees. We believe the continued practice of these values has created a culture that is now different from our competition.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Meets client and operating company standards related to gas meter work in accordance with our core values
• Installs gas meters, regulators, piping and pipe fitting work with black iron pipe
• Performs change-out of existing gas utility meters and installs upgraded gas utility meters
• Performs gas leak repair including above ground meter sets
• Keeps legible hand-written accurate records including daily work logs and installation records
• Cleans and prepares meter worksites to eliminate possible hazards
• Monitors and maintains tools and equipment for proper use, storage, and upkeep
• Completes all work in an organized, timely manner, within standard operating procedure
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards and communicates abnormal working conditions to appropriate parties
• Assists crew leaders in construction/ reconstruction and maintenance work providing meter support
• Works safely around customer houses and private property, backhoes, excavators, and directional drills
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Plumbing and pipe fitting experience is preferred
• Previous experience working with underground utilities is preferred
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year to year basis
• Possession of a valid Driver’s License is required
• Candidates must pass Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) as a requirement of the job and pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Ability to LIFT 75 LBS from ground
• Ability to LIFT 50 LBS to shoulder height
• Ability to LIFT 40 LBS Above shoulder height
SiteWise offers a great benefit package which includes:
•100% paid training
•Company paid Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
•Quarterly Safety Recognition
•Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
•401(k) with company match
•Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
•Advancement opportunities, we believe in investing in those who want to invest in us
For more information on our benefits, click the link below:
Peak Utilities Services Group and Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minority/Woman/Veteran/Disabled.
of Openings: 13
External Company Name: SiteWise Corporation
External Company URL: www.sitewisecorp.com
Street: 9065 Quince St