JBS USA RENDERING SUPERINTENDENT in Greeley, Colorado
· Insure all machinery is maintained in the best condition possible.
· Create and distributed the highest quality product possible.
· Insure rendering department makes all necessary yields.
· Make sure department is always adequately staffed for daily operations.
· Communicate often with corporate on sales and loads to insure product specifications and quality.
· Communicate with plant personnel on various plant issues and relay these issues to all necessary employees in the rendering department.
· Act as a liaison between plant management and rendering employees.
· Insure adequate transportation is on hand to distribute products.
· Deal with government officials on a daily basis to insure cleanliness of area.
· Communicate with lab areas on the quality of rendering products.
· Order all maintenance parts when necessary.
· Work schedule is fairly structured and only deviates when machinery breakdowns occur.
· Job performance is measured by the Operations Manager on criteria such as quality of products, expenses of department, safety of department and yields of rendering area.
· Attend and give input at daily plant meetings.
· Directly involved in interviewing and hiring new supervisors.
· Make promotion decisions regarding supervisors on criteria such as people skills, common sense, general knowledge of rendering operation and the ability to successfully handle crisis situations.
· Directly responsible for training all new supervisors and lead men.
· Deal directly with all disciplinary matters in area and take action. This action may range from verbal warnings to termination’s.
· Minimum 5 years experience in rendering area.
· Experience in numerous plants would be helpful to understand different types of equipment.
· General mechanical skills are essential.
· Management training
· Math and computer knowledge are requirements for position.
· Lab and waste-water experience and background are helpful.
· Bilingual important, but not mandatory as long as translators are present.