Ingersoll Rand Trane - HVAC Apprentice Technician - Grand Junction, CO in GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVACField Technician Apprentices:
- Traneis recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building ControlsSystems
- Highlycompetitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cashcompensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicatedto a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimitedopportunities for career development and promotions
- Determinedfocus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the companywhere everyone wants to work)
- WorldClass continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-widecommitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizationalencouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Latemodel, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone
As a HVAC FieldTechnician Apprentice, you will be primarily responsible for assisting HVACField Technicians in the installation and repair of environmental controlsystems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, control systems, pipefitting, and structural layouts. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affords you theopportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access totechnical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career pathswith opportunity for growth.In thisposition you will establish & maintain a positive relationship withcustomers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and writtencommunication skills via phone, computer, and face to face.You will perform scheduled and unscheduledpreventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requestsincluding replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed orrequested by customers.Communicatingwith customers and/or Project Managers regarding inspection/service findings isrequired.
- Responsiblefor assisting and learning end to end testing, starting up, commissioning, andservicing on assigned projects.
- Representsthe company by learning to serve as the direct customer contact and isresponsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuringcustomer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairingequipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinateswith supervising Field Technician and customer to precisely understandrequirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examiningbuilding layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizingon-site work.
- Usescutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools,following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repairunits.
- Continuallyenforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security andaccountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear andconditions.
- Displaysteam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to workovertime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnightstays.
- AHigh School Diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in HVAC isrequired. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college ortechnical school with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and AirConditioning is preferred.
- Operatingknowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand heldcomputer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Mustpossess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless /Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions inthe previous 3 years.
EPACertification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installeretc.).
- Thisposition requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited tomechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposureto extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock(high voltage).
- Thisposition is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers,walking, stooping, and kneeling.Itrequires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently liftand or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40lbs.
Primary Location: GRAND JUNCTION-Colorado
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 14, 2018, 3:55:17 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.