Cretex Plant Manager in Grand Junction, Colorado
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Manager at our Grand Junction, Colorado plant. The Plant Manager will provide overall leadership of plant operations which includes supporting all aspects of a safe working environment by promoting continuous improvement of plant processes and procedures in order to measure and report results safety and quality standards. This position also ensures the plant operates cost effectively within customer product expectations and Forterra's operating and quality standards.
- * Safety* - Provide an environment and processes that optimizes safety and preserves the well-being of every employee at the plant.
- Ensure Forterra's regulatory safety standards are understood and followed by all employees.
- Ensure safety equipment is in sufficient supply and working properly.
- Ensure safety audits occur and that deviations are followed up and resolved.
- Ensure robust accident investigation process occurs.
- Ensure maintenance on equipment and facilities occurs as required and needed.
- Ensure the plant is clean and organized to promote safe and efficient operations.
- * Operations*- Ensure the plant operates cost effectively within customer product expectations and Forterra's operating procedures and quality standards.
- Ensure daily work in the plant is completed to achieve the job specifications and time requirements.
- Ensure Forterra's operations and quality standards are being consistently met throughout the plant.
- Compress cycle times, lead times, and changeover times within areas in the plant to minimize waste.
- Provide and execute a process for correcting and solving problems and improving existing methods in the plant.
- * Scheduling*- Ensure the employees, materials and equipment are sufficient to accomplish the plants scheduled work.
- Ensure each work area is properly staffed, with competent people, for the scheduled work
- Ensure required material is available for the scheduled production work.
- Ensure the equipment is being maintained and maximum up-time is achieved.
- Ensure every Supervisor or Lead understands the work schedule and responsibilities for their respected area.
- Maintain a system of open communication with Supervisors or Lead employees.
- Ensure material and equipment (tools, machines, molds, etc) are on-site and in place for each day's production.
- * Performance Management* - Provide leadership and create a positive work environment. These responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with the company's policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations. Actions includes employment decisions, performance management, training, safety, onboarding, compliance, annual objective setting and employee development, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- * Administration* - Provide data analysis and feedback to work areas that will improve execution within the plant.
- Provide a visual reporting system to communicate work area performance.
- Ensure company/operations information is clearly communicated to employees.
- Follow-through to ensure reports and information are understood and used for those requesting/needing the data.
- Maintain competence in Forterra's all business systems (Syteline, Dispatch App, Reports Module, Microsoft Software, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years' experience successfully managing a manufacturing plant or work center of equal or greater size in the concrete or similar industry.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to present oneself and communicate in a professional, positive, and courteous manner with managing internal and external relationships.
- Strong knowledge of production management in the concrete industry or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of large machine operation, construction of infrastructure, and shipping and fulfillment.
- Requires specific knowledge in a manufacturing or technical field.
- Must be able to work hours beyond the normal workday as required by the business cycle, customer volume of business, and specific sales efforts underway. It has a moderate demand for tight deadlines.
- Emotional Intelligence Individual must be self-aware, have strong interpersonal skills, is adaptable, and able to collaborate with all levels from production employees to management level.
- Results Oriented Has sound planning skills, knows how to execute against respective action plans, and regularly meets or exceeds target in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction, develop and lead a team, provide strategic direction, and inspire the team to achieve key goals in a timely and cost effective manner. Ability to apply problem solving techniques.
- Ability to provide clear and concise verbal instructions along with the ability to listen and ask questions to understand points made by others.
- Mathematical skills and mechanical abilities to diagnose and solve problems.
- Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic, and dedication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and manufacturing/ERP/database systems software (Syteline experience a plus).
- Proactive problem solving techniques.
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work. Has sound planning skills, knows how to execute against respective action plans.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel 5-10 percent of the time to other locations and/or meetings.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
Full Company Benefits
Job Start/End Date: 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Apr-2021 (EST)
Department: New Precast
Location: Grand Junction, CO, USA
Employment Type: Full Time