Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Warehouse Supervisor in Golden, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Supervises the plant warehouse function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating routine safety meetings, performing routine safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the safety culture efforts, food safety system and lean practices. Proactively perform risk assessments and hazard identifications.
- Provides leadership and supervision to the plant warehouse function as directed. Supports all root-cause analysis investigations. Monitors and ensures the accuracy of all warehouse hourly labor timekeeping, data entry, including overtime schedules, if applicable.
- Maintains direct support to all departments in the plant via material handling.
- Facilitates the transportation of inbound and outbound shipments of products and materials including finished product and scrap including yard management if applicable.
- Reviews, completes, and ensures the accuracy of warehouse related documents and shipments. Maintains and reports inventory accuracy, aging, HFI, status of finished goods, as well as packaging, dunnage, and raw materials of the plant and external warehouse.
- Ensures that all forklifts and warehouse equipment are properly maintained.
- Facilitates training for subordinates, including administering forklift training and orientation to regular and contingent personnel, as required.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the plant warehouse, external warehouses and related areas including yard management if applicable.
- Communicates with customers, outside warehouses and freight carriers to respond to customer orders, requests for information, quality or delivery issues, operational audits, regular engagement meetings, manage obsolete/slow-moving FG mgmt., provide guidance on JDE system set-up or issues and storage of finished goods. Includes ownership of Transportation Management System.
- May provide backup for positions that may include production control, graphics and/or order fulfillment.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all manuals, policies, procedures, and work instructions for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, customer needs and requirements, warehousing principles and practices, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant warehousing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
5-20%% travel depending on external warehouse support
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Job ID: 663970
Location: CO - Golden
Full/Part Time: Full-Time