Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Millwright in Golden, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves and/or dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- Inspects job site and equipment to be dismantled, erected or moved; analyzes blueprints and schematics; estimates weight of loads to be handled, lifted, clearances and recommends support equipment needed.
- Selects and transports tools, machinery, and materials needed for assignment.
- Fabricates sheet metal and structural units as needed: guarding, steps, stairs, conveyors, elevators, and platforms and sets in place.
- Splices ropes and cables as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance for building and grounds as necessary.
- Maintains all shop tools and equipment.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Directs efforts of contract labor on specific assignments.
- May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot equipment and/or finished cans.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 4 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: welding, brazing, burning, bending, heat treatment of metals, shearing and drilling, machine shop theory and practices, nomenclature of assigned equipment.
- Ability to apply independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Possesses general carpentry skills.
- Ability to arc weld, MIG weld, TIG weld, and use oxy-acetylene equipment (stainless, carbon, steel, and aluminum).
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing and piping.
- Ability to perform basic structural and sheet metal fabrication.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, i.e., lathes, mills, and grinders.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Millwright
Job ID: 663069
Location: CO - Golden
Full/Part Time: Full-Time