Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer – Weapon System Mechanical Integration Lead in Englewood, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a dedicated Mechanical Systems Integration Engineer to become a member of the [TBD team].
As the Systems Integration Engineer - Weapon System Lead Mechanical Systems Integrator , you will serve as a key interface between the design, systems engineering, and Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) teams.
In this role you will:
• Manage development and coordination of weapon system mechanical interface design and documentation
• Provide independent review and cross-program coordination to ensure weapon system designs are mechanically compatible
• Support system test activities in labs, factory, and at test sites
• Drive anomaly investigations to closure
• Perform data reviews and provide feedback to test and integration teams
• Engage in travel and off-shift support
• Find opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions including:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e.) Design reviews
• Experience in the integration of hardware across multiple design disciplines and multiple system configurations
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• 12+ years with system design, development, integration, or test, with broad based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
• Mechanical Design experience
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical structures or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• CAD Proficiency (I-DEAS, Creo, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Skilled in Creo CAD modeling and CAD control
• Active Top Secret Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.