Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Launcher Technical Lead in Englewood, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs. This position supports NSP within the Strategic Missile Defense Line of Business in Lockheed Martin Space.
As a Launcher Technical Lead , you will:
• Identify and lead resolution of complex technical issues through the entire launcher system development process
• Integrate the Launcher system with the rest of the weapon systems elements including interface definition, functional and performance allocations, trade studies and compatibility analysis
• Be responsible for design reviews, including requirements allocation, concept evaluations, trade studies, layouts, and analyses
• Support producibility studies, cost trades, design for long term operations and maintenance, as well as all necessary development planning activities
• Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, Subcontractors, Technical Management and Government Customers in support of cross-discipline product development
Your enthusiasm for problem solving and the ability to complete challenging analytical assignments will be crucial to the team’s success.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics or other related discipline, or equivalent professional work experience
• Experience with weapon system design and development and basic Engineering analysis
• Familiar with CAD software
• Desire and ability to own complex technical challenges through solution, applying creativity and ingenuity
• Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to advise customer leadership on engineering analysis in a clear and concise manor
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and customers, simultaneously and independently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
• Demonstrated analytical depth through graduate research, professional experience, or academic projects
• Experience with reading/interpreting/creating 3D CAD models
• Familiar with design for Manufacturability
• Development program experience
• Experience in supply chain management and subcontracts
• Experience with requirement definition, documentation and verification
• Ordnance handling, installation and test experience
• Experience with Navy SSP customers
• Experience in missile systems design
• Familiarity with underwater and launch tube environments
• Experience managing missile and launch tube interfaces
• Familiar with materials engineering and manufacturability of mechanical designs
• Model Based Systems Engineering & Open Systems Architecture experience
• Deployed weapon system Sustainability & Maintainability experience
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) experience
• Ground & Flight Test Instrumentation experience
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.