Kiewit Corporation Surveyor Coordinator - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 114388
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Survey Coordinator in our growing Design Engineering Services group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Englewood, CO office.
• Review and understand owner provided contractual requirements
• Interview Project leadership for estimate and design-related requirements
• Create proposals
• Evaluate multiple responses to proposals
• Select third party vendor based on skill level, cost, and availability
• Develop and manage third-party vendor’s budget and schedule
• Manage third-party vendor on-site as they perform work
• Act as a liaison between third-party vendor and extraction team
• Ensure vendor is operating in accordance with Kiewit’s Safety procedures
• Verifying the survey/LiDAR accuracy
• Provide the deliverable at the expected quality level
• 3+ years combined experience: Design survey and Construction survey.
• 2 years Lidar exposure (Terrestrial, Mobile, Aerial), collection background.
• Travel up to 75% of the time.
• Working knowledge of the State Plane coordinate systems (grid vs. ground).
• Survey background in both office and field operations.
• Design modeling experience is a plus. (TBC, InRoads, OpenRoads, Civil 3D), expertise not required.
• Knowledge of drone technology (Part 107 license is a plus).
• Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
• Strong attention to details and problem solving/analytical skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of basic computer technology.
• Strong understanding and ability to learn new software and PC based applications.
• Strong intra-office communication across multiple mediums.
• Able to carry up to 50lb.
• Located in or willing to relocate to Denver, CO.
Base Compensation: $85,555 - $106,944
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.