Kiewit Corporation Senior Transportation Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 104140
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Trasnportation Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Englewood, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Manage multiple technical teams working on pursuit and final design projects
• Perform technical review of design deliverables ensuring they meet project requirements
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Design quality management plan champion for the civil design team
• Develop project budgets, schedules, and staffing plans for KIE final design projects
• Assist senior management team in project selection and technical risk assessment
• 10+ years of highway or roadway design experience
• Design build experience preferred, but not required
• Bachelors degree or greater in Civil Engineering
• Professional registration required
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
• Knowledge of design software including MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD, and Civil3D
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• Work will primarily be performed at the home office in Englewood, CO, but must be able to travel to project sites and attend meetings across North America as needed by the project
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.