Kiewit Corporation Rail Transit Engineer Intern - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 106704
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking an Rail/Transit Engineer Intern to join our Permanent Design team. Responsibilities would include performing engineering and design services to prepare calculations, plans, and specifications for rail transit related projects including new and rehabilitation type projects. The successful candidate would be able to manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual requirements, as well as have responsibility for completing the technical engineering functions of the project including: coordination of technical disciplines and construction planning assistance.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Assist Senior and Mid-Level Engineers in the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study, including design calculations, plan production, construction planning, and cost estimation
• Assist in developing the scope of work for engineering tasks, design schedules and budgets for assigned project elements; monitor progress against schedule and budget requirements; and identify and document changes in scope
• Assist in determining the scope of work for procurement schedules and budgets for assigned project buy outs; monitor progress to maintain those procurements; and interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process
• Assist in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project
• Expedite distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Senior/ Mid-Level Engineer
• Assist in preparing technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management
• Obtain, analyze, and circulate technical and contractual information to project disciplines
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• 0 - 4 years engineering experience, preferably with focus on rail/transit engineering
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree
• Knowledge of current codes and industry standards including AREMA, TCRP, and AASHTO
• Basic CAD skills in Bentley MicroStation/InRoads and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.