Kiewit Corporation Electrical Design Build Estimator- Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 112000
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Electrical Estimator, you will prepare, review and present discipline estimates for specific project proposal activities. In this role, you will provide estimating assistance and guidance to projects, develops conceptual estimates and performs cost analysis. You will be responsible for assisting in the development of discipline/service estimators, developing and updating historical databases, and assisting in the development of department procedures. Provides direction to others on project/program level tasks.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design and construction teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Englewood, CO (South Denver) office.
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions.
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related technology, or extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above.
• 7+ years' electrical estimating experience on construction projects.
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with design-build projects
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Base Compensation: $85,000 - $110,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.