Kiewit Corporation Bridge Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 114780
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Experienced Structural/ Bridge Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Group based in Englewood, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, MOT, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, traffic, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Lead and perform engineering design tasks and coordinate with CADD teams in developing plans, specifications, and estimates for preliminary and final design of standard bridges, walls, and minor structures (Culverts, Inlet structures, etc.)
• Identify and understand technical requirements of design projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions
• Identify, interpret, and apply appropriate design standards and codes; ensure compliance with contract documents
• Participate in technical meetings and discussions; strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems
• Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering (Masters Preferred)
• 4+ years’ experience in relevant structural/bridge engineering design
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in at least one state, with the ability to obtain registration in the state of Colorado• Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles
• Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, wall systems, and minor structures
• Experience with Design-Build or other alternative delivery methods, preferred.
• Experience with seismic design and analysis, preferred.• Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as CSiBridge, MIDAS, PGSuper, etc.
• Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and other North American design codes
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to travel as business requires.
Base Compensation: $75,214 - $112,822
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.