Weitz VDC Project Engineer II in Denver, Colorado
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The Weitz Company is seeking a VDC Project Engineer II to be located out of our Denver, CO business unit.
The VDC Project Engineer II is responsible for 3D document control, quantity surveys using 3D software and creating 3D images for presentations and RFI’s (Request for Information). This individual with assist and support multiple project management positions. The VDC Project Engineer II is also involved with field activities and works closely with project superintendents on design and constructability coordination and details. This individual reviews, utilizes, and understands The Weitz Company’s core values as framework for all business dealings. The VDC Project Engineer II reports to the Sr. VDC Manager, Project Manager or other assigned supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete quantity takeoffs using virtual models.
- Evaluate 3D design models for constructability and incorporate construction means and methods into virtual models.
- Assisting in creating visualizations from the model for RFI’s and team understanding.
- Work closely with MEP subcontractors and the designer regarding constructability details, coordination, and changes.
- Utilize and incorporate company's BIM standards and execution plan on projects.
- Facilitate the design coordination of the 3D models; collect and integrate virtual models from all project team participants, run clash detection reports and maintain issues log.
- Manage 3D design changes during the construction phase.
- Create scheduling phasing plans in 3D model, to create 4D simulations for site and logistical planning.
- Assist project teams by providing and formatting information from virtual models throughout the lifecycle of a building project.
- Record and report project metrics and gather case study data.
- Generate 3D models for business development, marketing, pre-construction, and construction.
- Create 3D and 4D visualization, renderings and simulations as needed for presentations, project pursuits, and for new and potential client meetings.
- Assist in training VDC to other project team members.
- Research and stay informed on VDC related software and technologies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education : A high school diploma is required. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science Architecture or Construction Management preferred.
- Experience : Minimum of 2 years of BIM related design and/or construction experience. Experience with drafting, design, model coordination and MEP coordination is preferred.
- Skills : A qualified candidate will have knowledge and understanding of construction practices, detailing and techniques. Excellent oral, written and visual interpersonal communication skills. Ability to be self-motivated to plan, prioritize, organize and manage responsibility on multiple projects.
- Technology: Candidate should be competent with Microsoft Office applications, Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit A/MEP/S. Navisworks Manage and SketchUp. Individuals should also be proficient in 3D parametric modeling software as well as have knowledge of additional software used for scheduling and quantity survey processes. Experience with rendering and animation software is a plus. Training will be provided on company standards.
The Weitz Company Core Values:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Respect for People
- Performance with Absolute Reliability
- Long-Term Perspective
- Nurturing Personal Growth
For more information and to apply, please visit our careers page at www.weitz.com.
BUILD A BETTER WAY The Weitz Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Weitz is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
Job Function: Project Engineer
Location: Colorado, Denver
Department: Commercial – National
Travel Required: 25%