Kiewit Corporation Sponsor - TIC in Denver, Colorado
Sponsor - TIC
Date: Jan 8, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78812
Kiewit’s TIC-Denver district is looking for a Sr. Construction professional to join the team as a Sponsor.
The Sponsor will work with various Project Management team members from different projects to manage the engineering, procurement, and startup of complex heavy industrial projects and have direct owner relations responsibility. The Sponsor will also provide oversight on assigned estimating projects and carry the overall ownership of the estimate once the job is won and moves to production.
You should be comfortable juggling several projects at once and with the occasional quick turnaround as this is a hands-on position, responsible for the engineering, procurement startup oversight for EPC contract values in excess of 300 million dollars. As a Sponsor you will manage operations through estimates, proposal, award, design and start-up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviewing plant performance guarantees, engineering fee estimates, project progress reporting
• Identify and put a plan in place to address where a project needs additional focus
• Managing and motivating staff to maximum productivity and cost control
• Facilitating and conducting scheduling, safety, and training meetings/workshops
TIC Denver is one of Kiewit’s Districts that focuses on construction projects in industrial settings. These projects range from Industrial Manufacturing, Power to OGC and Mining across the country. TIC Denver is an “open-shop” environment.
This role will initially support “open-shop” heavy industrial projects throughout the US. This role will be based out of Denver, CO, but travel and potential relocation are required.
• Possess 15 plus years’ experience in the Industrial/Power construction markets
• Degree in Engineering, or similar type experience in a related position that provides knowledge and experience required for this position
• Prior experience serving as Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Startup Manager, of multidiscipline teams in the industrial/power industry, where responsibilities include construction, engineering, estimating, contracts management, and owner relations
• Knowledge of principles of industrial/power plant design, analysis, and planning
• Knowledge of industrial/power construction standards including scheduling, contracts, coordinating and managing all disciplines and subcontractors
• Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
• Excellent communication and leadership skills at the executive level
• Ability to travel based on business needs
• Business Skills:
• Staff Management
• Project Management
• Business Process Management
• Business Administration
• Public Speaking and Presentations
Other common names for this role: Area Manager, VP of Construction, Sr. Project Manager, Sr. Construction Manager
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Procurement, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Construction Engineer, Engineering, Operations