CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Smart Grid Project Manager (T&D) - Utilities in Denver, Colorado
Smart Grid Project Manager (T&D) - Utilities
Find similar career opportunities
Smart Grid Project Manager (T&D) - Utilities
Category: Project Management
City: Denver, Colorado, United States
Position ID: J0419-1312
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Smart Grid Project Manager (T&D) - Utilities to lead the technical components and coordinate technical work within a team of vendor, internal IT and Business resources in the on-time, on-budget delivery of a multi-million dollar project for the electric distribution line of business. Project scope consists of working with business and IT resources to implement an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS). This project is a component of the broader Advanced Grid Intelligence & Security (AGIS) Initiative that is being implemented. Responsible for coordinating software configuration, integration development, testing and deployment, and vendor technical activities. Works on multiple project areas concurrently; identifies and implements productivity improvements; mitigates risks, resolves issues and troubleshoots as needed.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads design workshops, assessments, and planning sessions. Reviews and approves technical designs.
• Leads and monitors end-to-end technical implementation, including hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, software deployment, integration development, testing and deployment, data management, and vendor technical activities.
• Serves as liaison to other teams involved in project, coordinating integration work.
• Translates functional requirements into technical configuration documents; assesses impact on existing applications.
• Architects solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring adherence to architecture standards. Creates and maintains architecture and other design artifacts.
• Provides technical insights on business area specific technology. Assures there is trace-ability from requirements to design to as-built solution.
• Provides technical leadership and architectural direction to project team concerning end-to-end life-cycle management of technical solutions. Manages technology footprint.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders on IT solutions and mediates compromises. Facilitates decision process, requirements, pain points and challenges knowing relevant industry trends and gains consensus.
• Works closely with IT Security to ensure adherence to security standards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in operational technology and real-time systems, system availability and performance, and impacts to customers
• Information Technology/Operational Technologies experience within Transmission and Distribution Organizations: Energy Management System (EMS), Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), Grid Intelligence & Security (GIS), Outage Management System (OMS), North American Electric Relability Corp (NERC), Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
• Minimum 2 recent years of energy company related experience.
• Must have in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in at least two areas of IT including service oriented architecture, business process modeling, information architecture, business architecture, technical architecture, architecture technology standards, architecture governance, full systems development life cycle, and enterprise architecture frameworks.
• Strong verbal, written, coordination and presentation communication skills are required.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to dissect complex problems and processes and drive solutions and supporting documentation.
• Experience within a formal PMO IT Software delivery environment and have experience with the delivery of large scale IT/OT projects from end to end.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or technology or related experience including 10 years work experience in designing and implementing new large-scale systems across multiple hardware and software platforms, IT architecture and related functions at a large corporation.
• Travel may be required once a month
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.