CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Water Services in Denver, Colorado
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with experience managing Water and Wastewater projects to join our West Central Group. We are looking for someone who has excellent client interaction skills and can manage and lead teams for multi-discipline projects and programs of work in the fields of water/wastewater treatment projects, water and wastewater pumping systems, and large diameter conveyance (water distribution and wastewater collection) in Colorado. In this position, you will manage planning and design projects, including developing scope and budget for project services. You will also work with local sales staff on business development strategies for existing and new clients, including pursuit of alternative project delivery opportunities in Colorado. CDM Smith has been providing services to the Colorado market for over 30 years. Our services span across the modeling, master-planning, design, and construction administration of water resources, water, wastewater, and stormwater projects and facilities. As a member of our team, you will contribute to our clients' mission by:
• Managing water and wastewater design, permitting and construction service projects from conceptual phase through construction.
• Being responsible for the successful management of projects including developing and monitoring scope, schedule, budget, quality assurance/control and risk during projects.
• Effectively working with key technical specialists, project team members, and delivery managers
• Leading project teams and mentoring engineering staff, including the coordination and review of project assignments.
• Assisting with preparation of design drawings and specifications on large, complex, multi-discipline design projects.
• Providing high level planning and program analysis work including organization of technical documents/reports.
• Coordinating and completing quality assurance/quality control of key deliverables.
• Assisting Client Service Leaders as a technical resource for meeting with clients in the Colorado region.
• Assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and championing of project pursuits.
• Collaborating with sales team to create proposals and coordinating and preparing technical content, assignments, scope, fee and schedule.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations.
• Being active in the water/wastewater industry, keeping abreast of emerging technologies and research/development opportunities, and participating in professional conferences/committees.
Senior Project Manager - Water Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 10 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering or related discipline.
• Colorado-registered professional engineer (PE)
• Previous experience with managing municipal drinking water, wastewater, pumping, and conveyance programs and/or projects in Colorado.
• Alternative project delivery experience
• Demonstrated experience managing multidiscipline project teams including virtual (remote) teams.
• Previous business development experience including preparing proposals and scopes of work with budgets and schedules for municipal clients.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Colorado - Denver
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Significant experience working with project management methodology including project planning, scope and budget development, quality control and assurance practices, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge with identifying and developing project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members, clients and other key stakeholders.
• Proficient with developing and preparing project documents and technical reports, drawings and specifications.
• Excellent personal computer skills including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.