HSS Inc SECURITY SERVICE TECHNICIAN I in Denver, Colorado
The goal of the Security Technician is to provide excellent customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position supports the department mission with the service of low voltage electronic security systems and equipment, verifying system performance, and maintaining records. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- The Security Service Technician provides full "Turnkey" support on all service issues
- Acts as the team expert in troubleshooting security system / equipment issues
- Completes technical and administrative documentation on work completed
- Communicates with management on current work order status and receives updates on outstanding customer issues on a daily basis
- Assists with security system / equipment programming, installation, testing, and maintenance
- Runs and installs wire, read blueprints, mount system panels and devices, and wire circuit and electrical connections for access control, CCTV and intrusion detection systems
- Verifies security system /equipment functionality by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems
- Resolves issues pertaining to the low voltage security equipment and works with customers to ensure equipment and technology is working within specifications.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices
- Responds to customer service calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Works and interacts with current and prospective employees, current and prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, guests, and visitors
- Provides all other support as requested by manager
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually fosters HSS Core Values to all.
- Keeps security information confidential
- Maintains a positive working relationship with facility management personnel, local public safety agencies, and HSS colleagues
- Performs service tasks for regular time, overtime and emergency service requests; participates in after hours service program
- Provides other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the SSI Operations Manager
- Stays abreast of changes in security equipment technology
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent military training
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technology or Science preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on low voltage experience to include electrical wiring, electronics installation and mechanical equipment installation (knowledge of DC Electronics)
- Applicable industry certification preferred (i.e., PSP)
- Advanced experience with low voltage security equipment
- Advanced mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Current and valid driver license and ability to meet the company's driving requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with office computers and XP Office Suite, Excel, Project Management software and ability to learn new software
- Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Ability to perform advanced arithmetic
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert for equipment or instruments Must demonstrate a strong customer service aptitude and sincere willingness to serve and do right by the customer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods using handheld equipment and power tools and wearing personal protective equipment in a healthcare environment. May also spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 200lbs (may request assistance). May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in medical and other environments. Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled