SMG Safety Program and Operation Manager in Denver, Colorado
To provide site Safety Program leadership, ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with OSHA regulations and implemented in the building and departments. To assist in operation policy implementation and updates and training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work risks and improve safe work practices, integrating this into the operations of the venue.
- Encourage and create a high level of safety awareness within the organization.
- Establish a process to record training, maintain training records, and educate employees about the training process developed.
- Maintain a new employee orientation program to ensure new staff is made aware of the general hazards at CCC.
- Review departmental safety training curriculum to ensure managers are addressing the hazards in their respective departments and OSHA's expectations of training new employees is met, integrate training into operational departmental trainings and practices.
- Assist in the annual review and update of corporate OSH programs, tailoring them to the CCC.
- Conduct monthly safety committee meetings, guide and lead the safety program and finding solutions and changes to improve working environment.
- Investigate incidents and near hit incidents, this includes property damages as well as injuries, to determine and mitigate causes, introduce preventive measures to prevent future incidents
- Create incident analysis reports that detail the health and safety issues discovered during the investigation of incidents and distribute them to appropriate parties.
- Monitor third party vendors working for and with the CCC to cultivate a safe work environment for all and programs to educate and monitor all those working in the venue.
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations while creating programs and training to correct those activities
- Provide on-going training to all departments and new hires, regarding safe working conditions, SMG standards, and OSHA.
- Writes reports regarding worksite evaluations and safety measures implemented
- Assists in formulating and implementing, job safety analysis sheets, job safety standards, facility, and department safety protocols etc., in line with SMG Corporate and OSHA standards
- Assesses health and safety risks, so that preventive or corrective measures can be implemented
- Researches and recommend programs, training, other activities, etc. to promote workplace safety
- Maintain leadership role in maintaining safe working conditions, including active membership and participation in the CCC Safety Committee
- Stay aware of the safety rules and regulations of government consisting of the federal, state and local level
- Fields inquiries from employees about proper safety procedures and create operational action plans for staff.
- Monitors work place on a daily basis to ensure all activity meets safety compliance
- Review and investigate company application of all PPE and make recommendations for proper equipment changes and/or upgrades to remain compliant
- Provide technical advice, coaching and guidance to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Maintain OSH safety program data as required by corporate office
- Participate in monthly operations meetings
- Develop, identify and implement safety program to address identified deficiencies of venues in the work day.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.A. in related field required with three to five years' experience in safety field training or program oversight considered.
- Minimum current OSHA 30 certificate and should be familiar with ANSI and NFPA standards or working to attain in the first 3 months.
- Clearly demonstrated ability at problem-solving
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and inter-personal skills.
- Computer literacy in word-processing and spread sheet programs
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and flexible to change
- Confidentiality required
- Multi-tasking abilities essential
- Arena/Facility/CVB experience helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of staff required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require certifications by law and/or job assignment. Position requires extensive walking, climbing stairs, standing on cement floors, turning, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling; may be subject to adverse working conditions; dust, grime, noise, fumes, wet floors etc., including weather; may require use of an electric cart; may require tools and equipment operation that could cause personal harm or injury, if improperly handled; requires irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends, evening, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need; requires radio usage -- 2 way hand held.
The essential responsibilities of each position are described under the headings in the job description and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation, or other reasons. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Applicants who need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact 303-228-8000.
Colorado Convention Center/SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Closing Date: October 25, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled