Kiewit Corporation Safety Manager in Denver, Colorado
Date: May 10, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining.
Are you passionate about safety and ensuring everyone is working in a safe condition and environment? How about doing so while working for one of the largest contractors in North America, with an opportunity to become a shareholder in the company? At Kiewit, one of our guiding principles on infrastructure projects and in every office is, “Nobody Gets Hurt” and we’re currently looking for a safety manager who creates, supports, and will audit our program which reinforces our commitment to safety.
As a Safety Manager your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Managing the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
Compiling, analyzing, and interpreting occupational illness and accident statistical data at the project level; recommending process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
Routinely inspecting the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
Routinely monitoring the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed
Developing environmental health and safety training materials to include manuals, brochures, PowerPoint presentations etc.
Developing a paperwork management system to track training records to track all safety training initiatives conducted personally or by outside consultants/vendors.
Interpreting safety regulations for the project.
Coordinating and presenting safety training to support client requirements including new hire orientation, fall protection, confined space, lockout/tagout and repertory.
Interfacing with Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) (Provincial or federal) officials/inspectors in the event or a site visit.
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study
• 5-10 years of experience managing construction projects in an environmental health and safety related area
• Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a safety program on projects of increasing complexity
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• CPR/First Aid, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and OSHA/MSHA instructor certifications are preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Must be willing to relocate and go where the work is.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kiewit and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Management