Kiewit Corporation Quality Technician - Central C70 in Denver, Colorado
Quality Technician - Central C70
Date: Dec 24, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 76169
This role with initially be supporting Kiewit’s Central District on the C70 Project in Denver Colorado. Ideal candidates will be open to relocation across the US.
Kiewit Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
As a Quality Technician with Kiewit’s Central District you will provide material testing across a variety of disciplines to ensure that our Project meets the Standard Specifications and the Project Agreement.
• Perform testing on soils, asphalt, and concrete for material properties for conformance to requirements.
• Perform testing and inspection on electrical components
• Support team members in their roles as a program focal point for quality assurance, acting as a liaison with other functional departments.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to his/her specific assignment.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems.
• Assist with identifying and reporting rework and non-conforming issue.
• Self-starter with exceptional organization and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of the specific trade of discipline (i.e. civil, structural, electrical) as assigned, with associated special processes, inspection and testing techniques
• Working knowledge of construction industry
• Must have testing certifications OR ability to complete testing certifications issued from ACI, WAQTC, LABCAT, PCI, NEC, or NICET and proficiency in CDOT Tests Methods. Equivalent certifications from other states welcome.
• Ability to gain additional certifications to support project testing and inspection
• Capability to work extended construction hours during high seasons and potential night shifts.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Technician, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Technology