Comcast Program Manager, Program Management in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
This role is within the Program Management organization in the Video Infrastructure team in TPX at Comcast. The Program Management organization is responsible for the end to end management of all deliverables from the cross-functional teams within the Video Infrastructure organization contributing to feature development, launch, and deployment. Depending on the program assigned, this role may have responsibility for coordinating cross-functional deliverables across all TPX teams, and potentially outside of TPX interacting with business units and other external stakeholders.
The Video Infrastructure team resides within Comcast's Technology and Product Experience organization, and it supports the Product Management, Research & Development, Engineering and Operations for Comcast's world class video experiences used by customers of Comcast and Syndicated Partners. The Video Infrastructure team supports both legacy QAM video delivery and the next generation IP video platform with responsibilities ranging from content acquisition to video playback. These platforms deliver video for live linear, video on-demand and cloud DVR services consumed by more than 20 million customers both in-home and out of home on STB's, connected TVs, mobile and desktop products.
The Program Manager is responsible for defining program schedules by integrating deliverables and timelines from cross-functional teams such as numerous development teams, product management and QA within Video Infrastructure, other TPX development organizations, Business Unit(s), Customer Care, and Operations as well as the Field teams on all items related to the successful development, test and launch of the assigned programs.
The successful candidate will be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, build and manage program plans, identify, assign and commit functional resources to meet commitments, develop risk and communication plans, and coordinate with external vendors and organizations as required. This role will work with external groups, Comcast divisional and regional representatives, and technical development deployment resources to coordinate the scheduling of deployments and subsequent updates of related technology.
This position requires a strong program management background and ideal candidates will be experienced with agile development and deployment. A proven track record in delivery execution under aggressive schedule demands and competing priorities is a must as are strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills. While the role does not require a development background or engineering degree, it does require a candidate with a passion for technology and an aptitude to understand the technologies we are delivering.
- Function as a Program Delivery Lead for programs as assigned to include development & test phases as well as facilitation of trials and deployment planning as needed.
- Provide program management leadership and expertise. Serve as the source of truth for all date and timeline commitments and ensure all parties are aligned on objectives and definition of success.
- Manage the program and team through the deliverables associated with the program by establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to plans and schedules by holding leads accountable as appropriate.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans as appropriate and drive mitigations.
- Communicate with key stakeholders including development teams, operations, product, divisional stakeholders, etc. as required.
- Presence and communication strengths to provide regular program status updates to VP and SVP level senior leadership team.
- 8 years of program management experience (10 years preferred), including leading cross-functional teams in a complex, technical environment
- 5 years of related technology industry experience is preferred
- Management consulting experience is preferred for the "soft skills" in leadership and communication that are often success criteria for program management roles
- Strong technical aptitude, passion for technology and innovation, and ability to communicate with technical teams is required
- Understanding of and experience with the software development lifecycle, including functional and technical specifications, development, QA, release management, deployment and operations is required
- Strong technical program management experience with a focus on Agile development methodology is preferred
- Proven track record of collaboration with product owners is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent meeting facilitation, planning and management skills are required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer