Albertsons Production Supervisor in DENVER, Colorado
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 16 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include; Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Operations Beverage Plant, located in Denver, CO has an opening for in Production for a Plant Supervisor
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Supervise production, sanitation and warehouse crews. Utilize World Class Manufacturing techniques to drive operational results and performance measures. Ability to coach and lead teams to achieve performance, quality, cost, and service goals. Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and practices. Administrative duties related to production, shipping and quality performance. Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment. Maintain a high level of customer service for retail and public customers. Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment.
- 4 year college degree in Food Science, Management, Manufacturing or related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, dairy preferred.
- 3+ years experience in direct supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of manufacturing regulations regarding safety, quality, HACCP and GMP's.
- Experience with plant safety programs.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable for the same.
- Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Willingness to work primarily third shift with flexibility to occasionally attending daytime events.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess the following traits; proactive, risk taker, courage, and the ability to accept change.
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable to the same.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And, a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect. We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled