Albertsons Plant Production Supervisor in DENVER, Colorado
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail and we are looking for outstanding associates to take us into the future. We provide our customers an easy, fun, and friendly shopping experience, both in our stores and online. This requires a talented team in our Distribution Centers to get the products quickly and efficiently to our stores and customers. We are seeking an exceptional leader who will drive operational effectiveness through a high-performing and inclusive environment.
As a $60B+ company with 2,200+ stores, 22 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants, we are one of the largest retailers in the United States. We reach over 34 million customers across our 20 well-known grocery brands. Across the nation, we are transforming the grocery industry through innovation and building a world-class supply chain.
The Denver Milk Plant, located in Denver CO has an opening for a Plant Supervisor
Position Purpose: Responsible for the coordination of various manufacturing and warehouse functions within a single large, complex and fast paced production facility to drive maximum financial results and deliver a quality on-time product for customers.
- BS/BA preferred in Food Science or related field of study. Experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum three years supervision/management in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven production and manufacturing experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Basic food microbiology knowledge.
- Ability to direct a diverse unionized work force.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Proven management, interpersonal, coaching and team building skills.
- Ability to interface with regulatory agencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to grasp additional business-related applications.
- Ability to work with M3 and Factory Track RMP systems.
- Willingness to work nonstandard work hours and holidays.
- Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a positive workplace, within a manufacturing environment, that promotes safety, quality, trust and teamwork.
- Ensure adherence to Safeway manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Provide superior customer service to Safeway's retail management team by proving a quality product in a routinely timely manner.
- Empower plant associates by building strong teams committed to manufacturing a superior product. Also responsible for assigning accountability, training & development, coaching and implementing the CBA.
- Utilize new ideas or technology and Lean manufacturing principles & processes available to maximize plant efficiency.
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.).
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled