Kiewit Corporation Pavement Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Date: Nov 26, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 75682
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
The Mid-Level Pavement Engineer is a team member of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group. This position’s primary role is to provide permanent design services (PDS) and construction engineering services (CES) to Kiewit projects. Project involvement can be requested at any stage (Get Work, Build Work) of a project’s life cycle. Get Work project tasks can include proposal development, Task Force participation, proposal design including alternative design concept (ATC), and proposal estimating. Build Work project tasks can include Task Force participation, development of Final designs, construction engineering, and construction operations oversight. Unique to this position are CES tasks that involve on-site pavement mixture production process control and quality assurance oversight. Projects often rely on KIE, consultants, and or subcontractors for staffing pavement related construction tasks. Typical project deliverables include design reports, memorandums, and letters. These deliverables provide technical analysis, technical interpretations, and professional recommendations; all of these project deliverables are subject to KIE’s Design Quality Management Plan. Pavement Engineering is considered to be a “specialty” engineering service and as such has high visibility with Project upper management where high professionalism is always expected. Project related travel is projected to be as high as 50% and can be anywhere in North America (US and Canada). Continued job related learning (Kiewit University, Professional Engineer Continued Education, personal professional development) is encouraged and expected.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Pavement Design (AASHTO ’93, MEPDG)
• Pavement Materials (Asphalt, Concrete, Base Courses, Subgrades)
• Pavement forensics/research regarding pavement performance
• Developing Pavement related construction specifications
• Interpreting Pavement Materials quality/process control data
• Proportioning and reviewing pavement mixes
• Interpret/learn/apply client specific design methodologies, specifications, and standards
• Aanalysis of pavement profile, falling weight deflectometer, ground penetrating radar, and pavement friction testing equipment desire
• Knowledge of working in roadway traffic-controlled work zones and/or construction project sites is highly desired
• Develop and maintain internal and external client relationships, including project and non-project related face-to-face meetings
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s degree with emphasis in pavements or transportation materials related engineering field preferred
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Experience with industry specific software analysis and design software
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• 5 - 10 years’ of directly applicable experience
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Transportation, Geology, Consulting, Engineering, Technology