FreshPoint Maintenance in Denver, Colorado
Opportunity is knocking...*_ FreshPoint Denver has immediate career opportunities for a maintenance Technician to work at our busy Warehouse, located in Denver. _*
FreshPoint is the largest produce distributor of North America. As a Company of Sysco Corporation, we offer excellent benefits as well as growth opportunity.
_Are you tired of having no opportunities for advancement? _
*Come join the FreshPoint Denver family. *
_Our Benefits Package Includes**:_**
- Competitive Wages
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- 401k - Matched
- Sysco Stock Purchase Option at 15% discount
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Appreciation Lunch
- On Line University (free of Charge to our Associates)
- Fun family Atmosphere
- Perks at work Discount Program
- Direct Deposit
- Focused Recognition Programs
_About the Opportunity_
Position: Maintenance Associate *Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor *
Department: Maintenance Company: FreshPoint Denver
Basic Job Concept:
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for helping maintain all power equipment, Production machinery, and all areas of building maintenance in a timely,efficient and cost-effective manner.
All Department Associates
VP of Operations
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Basic reading and written skills
Basic computer skills (Microsoft office)
Two years on-the-job maintenance experience with electric pallet jacks and electric forklifts.
Understanding of general building maintenance, refrigeration, plumbing, processing equipment, and welding.
Must have light electrical understanding and installation ability.
Small engine repair experience a plus
Other skilled trade experiences a plus
Bilingual is a plus
Good Driving Record
Repair forklifts, pallet jacks, and processing equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
Perform preventative maintenance and adhere to written schedule.
Maintain all power equipment batteries and chargers.
Ability to track and complete work orders.
Maintain a working inventory of parts, supplies and tools.
Keep logs and files to comply with HACCP and AIB.
Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor
Must follow all Sysco and FreshPoint Safety rules and regulations
Order paper goods and materials as needed
- Able to work in confined spaces and awkward positions.
- Must be able to use mechanics tools and equipment effectively.
- Able to lift 75 lb. parts and supplies.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying temps. Temperatures range from 34 in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
_Schedule _- Open availability- Flexible to work nights and weekends when needed
FreshPoint/Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: Colorado - Denver
Job Code: MTC107
# of openings: 1