Allied Reliability Group Maintenance Supervisor in Denver, Colorado
We are currently searching for a dynamic Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
Ensure all maintenance activities and operations are conducted smoothly and all systems of a facility are appropriately functioning.
Identify areas to improve processes, procedures, maintenance practices, quality initiatives, and on-going training for all maintenance staff.
Improve functionality and reliability of all production and facility equipment, including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components.
Develop, design, implement, and facilitate safety processes and procedures.
A. Equipment Maintenance
• Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems and determines corrective action by checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs.
• Inspects, operates, and tests machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Performs basic welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, and brazing.
• Examines condition and integrity of parts.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Cleans and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of location equipment
- B. Preventive Maintenance
• Performs and assigns all preventive maintenance on electrical and mechanical systems, and production machines; follows blueprints and schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications using a documented schedule.
• Performs boiler chemical testing; record results in the log books; and make necessary chemistry adjustments.
• Inspects motors and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance records.
- C. Work Management
• Manages and assigns all plant and equipment maintenance.
• Assumes responsibility for all shifts in the maintenance department.
• Coordinates and schedules all equipment maintenance, including repairs which cannot be completed during normal hours.
• Oversees and maintains all regulatory and environmental compliance.
• Anticipates any problems and use corrective measures to reduce or eliminate downtime.
• Communicates with Management if there are any issues that may result in downtime for the operation.
• Monitors downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance plans.
- D. Safety
• Assumes responsibility for all aspects of safety within the maintenance department.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- E. Administration
• Develops, manages and maintains budget for building, equipment, capital expenditures and, parts and labor.
• Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Manages Maintenance Records – Ensures a current equipment file including but not limited to the following:
o Equipment failure, problems, parts used and steps taken to make repairs.
o Daily use of the shift change log between all Maintenance partners.
o Maintenance records/files for each piece of equipment.
o Utilities Usage - Fuel, electric, water, sewage, and gas.
o Analyzes and records meter readings of gas, electric, and water in logs and takes corrective actions.
• Generates and updates a repair parts and equipment contact vendor list.
• Prepares prioritizes, and assigns a work order list to Maintenance Technician I and II and any custodial staff or wastewater staff as assigned.
• Develops a parts replacement file containing all systems components that are presently in use with all necessary data.
- F. Negotiation
• Assists with identifying and evaluating outside service companies that may be more cost effective to work on certain projects.
• Assists with securing bids from vendors for projects requiring external labor, parts, and/or supplies.
- G. Corporate Initiatives
• Develops location specific items to support the implementation of corporate initiatives.
• Works closely with the Corporate Field Engineering team to complete projects, equipment replacement, installation, and improve asset reliability.
- H. Supervision
• Supervises a minimum of two maintenance partners.
• Teaches, trains, and develops maintenance partners
• Identifies and coordinates training for partners on preventive and repair maintenance.
• Maintains staffing levels and participates in hiring processes.
• Directs and assists other maintenance personnel with emergency repairs.
• Completes and delivers maintenance partner reviews.
- I. Inventory Control
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies by monitoring and replenishing appropriate inventory.
• Verifies receipt of all orders.
- J. General Duties
• Oversees regular inspection of general facility and property.
• Involved in all maintenance issues.
• Responds to emergency alarms.
• Provides maintenance information to appropriate partners.
- K. Personal Development
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and establishing professional networks.
• Provides regular debriefs to the plant manager.
L. Perform all other duties as assigned
• Equipment Maintenance Knowledge – minimum of 7 years of work experience repairing Industrial processing equipment in an industrial environment. Military experience considered.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising maintenance personnel is preferred.
• Equipment Knowledge - Wiring, electrical, electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment knowledge required. Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Maintenance Management experience including planning, scheduling, budgeting, negotiating, parts management, vendor management, maintenance management systems required.
• General Boiler knowledge preferred.
• Basic welding equipment knowledge preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
• Ability to read maintenance literature printed in English required.
• HVAC experience preferred.
• Certification applicable to reliability is preferred such as CPMM, CRMP, etc.
Req ID No.: 2018-4320
External Company Name: Allied Reliability, Inc.
External Company URL: www.alliedreliability.com
Street: 5100 Race Court