Marriott Engineering Manager - Aesthetics - New Gaylord Rockies Resort Opening Dec 2018 in Denver, Colorado
Job Number 18001WHN
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center, Aurora, Colorado VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Manages and coordinates capital and operating projects assigned to the Engineering division. Oversees the bid process, city coordination, contractors and billing to ensure the successful execution of all assigned projects. Manages ongoing and daily performance of consultants, vendors, suppliers and contractors. Develops and manages project timelines to verify project execution goals are achieved and to minimize negative effects on guest experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the project management, engineering and maintenance or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 year experience in the engineering and maintenance, project management or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Projects and Budgets
• Oversees the implementation and execution of approved capital and operating projects including the development of project specifications, part/product location, labor planning and the management of bidding services.
• Develops requisitions and presentations for capital projects.
• Assists in developing the annual capital/operating budget and in planning project requests.
• Identifies, qualifies and negotiates general contracts for capital, operating and special events projects.
• Manages ongoing and daily performance of consultants, vendors, suppliers and contractors.
• Develops and manages project timelines to verify project execution goals are achieved and to minimize negative effects on guest experience.
• Verifies that contractors and vendors adhere to appropriate local permitting procedures.
• Manages project related permits and inspection requests.
• Specifies or create a configuration management method for the projects.
• Performs routine project inspections to verify quality control, state/local building code compliance and adherence to plan specifications.
• Prepares project progress reports detailing timelines, delays and adherence to project cost.
• Verifies project compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Associaton (OSHA) regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and safety precautions.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Verifies building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Promoting Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.