HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Divisional Director of Facilities Management in Denver, Colorado
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare, the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs/Student Loan Repayment • Paid Personal Leave • 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) • Identity Theft Protection discounts • Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options • Adoption Assistance • Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated leader like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary: You will provide engineering support, emergency disaster support, project management, MEP system commissioning and regulatory site visits / mock surveys for all ambulatory surgery centers.
Duties include but not limited to:
* You will provide technical expertise to the Administrators at each ASC and senior management at the ASD office. Mediate on behalf of facilities with national account managers for equipment vendors, contractors, engineers and architects. Assist in maintaining the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing design guidelines and provide support to the HCA Design and Construction team. Travel to sites and evaluate vendor performance as well as determine capital replacement needs.
* As the ASC’s are required to manage smaller projects (currently <$5mil) without support from Corporate Design and Construction the ASC engineer will be heavily involved in managing the technical aspects of almost all ASC projects.
* You will provide technical expertise to HCA D&C Managers. Work with Engineering firms to ensure compliance with HCA MEP guidelines .Assist in maintaining the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing design guidelines. Assist in evaluating project VE options.
* You willbe responsible for commissioning of all MEP systems. Cx shall start at the planning phase and extend all the way though final owner verification.
* Keep current with new technologies for implementation in a healthcare setting. Develop pilot programs to test promising technologies and prepare documentation detailing the test results.
* You will provide all necessary support before, during and after any type of disaster. Provide facility and corporate senior management with clear assessments of the facility infrastructure condition and outline solutions to restore the facility to full functionality. Travel to the impacted locations to oversee the implementation of disaster recovery programs as needed. * You will visit each ASC approximately six months prior to their triannual AAAHC survey date and conduct a mock survey which includes regulatory documentation review and a building tour. Conduct biweekly regulatory WebEx’s to provide ongoing training for ASD administrators to increase regulatory compliance. Work with the corporate and division VPQ’s to implement companywide regulatory compliance programs.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- ME or PE in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- 10 plus years of relevant healthcare experience
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC systems (including centrifugal chiller plants), Steam Plants, Electrical systems (including Emergency Generators), Medical Gas Systems and Building Automation Systems
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills required to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- Proficient in preparing written reports which include financial analysis
- 25% Potential Travel HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Real Estate & Construction
Title: * Divisional Director of Facilities Management*
Location: Colorado-Denver-Continental Division Office
Requisition ID: 10209-33002