Frontdoor Director- Data Science & Machine Learning in Denver, Colorado
Frontdoor is building an elite team of data scientists and engineers that can leverage the power of machine learning and AI to drive business impact. With data from 2M customers nation-wide acquired over 40 years of experience, our business is ripe for a disruption where legacy manual processes can be automated, enhanced, and scaled, creating high business value. There is a wide variety of new and exciting problems to solve, many of which are unique to our industry, such as automated repair recommendations, dynamic pricing, cost modeling, predicting time to failure, repair vs replace decisions, cycle-time prediction, and more.
We are looking for a Director that will drive this mission and lead the data science function at Frontdoor. This is a high-visibility role that requires excellence in both strategic and technical skills. On the strategic side, you’ll be setting the vision for the team, developing successful relationships with stakeholders, and prioritizing the most impactful initiatives. On the technical side, you must have hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistical techniques. Experience with deploying models in production and building the support infrastructure is also required. Finally, you will be expected to provide technical guidance to the team and help develop their skills.
• Lead and grow a team of high-performing data scientists and machine learning engineers.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members and grow the skills of the team.
• Identify opportunities where machine learning can be used to positively impact the organization.
• Guide the design of models and architecture, and cultivate engineering best practices.
• Manage and prioritize projects across the team; allocate resources to best meet business objectives.
• Drive an independent agenda and establish a team vision and strategy.
• PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field (PhD preferred).
• Excellent communication skills; able to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience.
• Advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistics with extensive experience in applying it to the real world.
• A strong track record of deploying models (batch and real-time) in production with tangible business impact.
• Organized and with excellent project management skills.
• Minimum 5 years of management and/or leadership experience.
• 8+ years of industry experience in data science or related field.
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as Candu Home Solutions, an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com .
Job Category: Engineering