HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director - Clinical Excellence - FT Days in Denver, Colorado
/We are in search of a Registered Nurse who is eager to oversee our Pathway to Excellence and eventually guide us through Magnet status./
The Director of Clinical Excellence will educate and be influential in improving and establishing these key areas:
* Pathway to Excellence
* Patient Satisfaction
* Improving the Patient Experience * Quality Improvement * Shared Governance * Employee Engagement /Are you passionate about the patient/family experience and committed to the care and improvement of human life?/ / / /Are you a leader in coaching, process improvement, change management?/ / / /Do you enjoy educating other nurses?/
/ / This could be the opportunity to step into your dream job!
Presbyterian/St. Luke's is proud to celebrate 135 years of serving the Denver Metro Community.
/Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life./
P/SL is the largest hospital in Colorado and is the only tertiary/quaternary care hospital in a seven state region that offers one campus with leading comprehensive care. Located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO, we provide the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plans.
We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages, and together, we provide compassionate and innovative care for our patients.
Position Summary:The Clinical Director who will oversee our Pathway to Excellence Standards is passionate about the patient/family experience and committed to the care and improvement of human life. Performs assigned hospital and unit-level data analyses and process observations in key service areas (i.e., inpatient, outpatient, ED, ambulatory services, etc.) in order to identify and address current service performance gaps. Additionally, the Director is also responsible for oversight of the Center for Nurse Excellence and coordination of the Pathways to Excellence Program. Responsible for assessing and implementation of the Shared Governance model to meet all standards related to Pathways and/or Magnet.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered Nurse License
B. Education: BSN; Master’s Degree Preferred.
C. Experience: 3 – 5 years minimum experience in leadership with coaching, process improvement, change management, service excellence and/or adult education with demonstrated ability to drive results. Experience with the Studer Group evidence based leadership tactics preferred.
D. *Essential Job Functions:*
* Effectively coaches, influences, collaborates and consults with individuals at all levels of the organization to ensure the achievement of organizational goals as they relate to patient experience.
* Identify improvement areas and provide recommendations/proposed action plans to hospital leadership teams.
* Provides direct feedback to administration regarding implementation of process changes to achieve and sustain patient experience best practices.
* Assists directors/managers and staff with communication and integration of improvement efforts. Identifies resistance and barriers to change; addresses issues appropriately to facilitate and sustain improved patient satisfaction outcomes.
* In collaboration with the Human Resources department, orients new leaders to the Culture of Excellence standards and validates new leader competency for a one year period.
* Provide reporting to key stakeholders regarding improvement progress.
* Identify and evaluate internal and external best practices; recommends system-wide improvements based on these evidence based leadership practices.
* Conducts engaging training classes, real-time learning labs, validation labs and meetings as needed in support of key initiatives.
* Monitor patient experience change efforts and evaluate results. Validate and ensure consistent application of evidence-based tools and techniques for patient experience.
* Works collaboratively with Clinical Education and Organizational Development departments to support new grad programs; charge nurse development and other leader and entry level programs.
* Validate that information gathered during rounds and service recovery activities are tracked/trended and reported to the leadership team on an ongoing basis.
* Responsible for assuring 6 pathway standards are deployed and hardwired into the organization through coordination, education and consultation with Leadership.
* Leads education for staff and Pathway to Excellences Champions on standards and Pathways to Excellence program
* Responsible for planning and deployment of strategies to hardwire evidence-based nursing into all areas of practice, clinical and management. Responsible for fostering an environment of scientific inquiry through CURN research model deployment and implementation in facility in coordination with Organizational Development. Responsible for coordination and facilitation of nursing research program and related projects.
*E. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: *
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
* Ability to handle difficult conversations and situations constructively; savvy interacting with
* Physicians/executive leadership.
* Articulate written and verbal communication, with well-honed consultative skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively understand business issues and data challenges of the customer.
* Demonstrated ability to promote openness to change using both evidence and influence skills.
* Exhibit ability to remain positive and persistent in the face of resistance to change.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
* Demonstrated strength in facilitation and working with diverse workgroups.
* Demonstrated strength working proactively within complex team and organizational settings
* Ability to function independently using strong time management and organizational skills. * Proficiently utilizes Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Keywords: "nurse educator" "clinical director" magnet
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director - Clinical Excellence - FT Days
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-73860