DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Work with data to identify patterns, uses judgment to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom, and focuses on the crux of issues to identify high-leverage intervention points and strategies.
Understand business needs, and gets results that have a clear, positive, and direct impact on business performance. Apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinions or plans, and ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for modeling complex business problems and discovering business insights through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
- Develop descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytical models and programs for complex business processes, develops robust data visualizations to produce actionable analytics
- Formulate test hypotheses, applies advanced statistical methods, analyzes results, and provides recommendations to address strategic business questions
- Use advanced analytics methods to extract value from business data
- Perform large-scale experimentation and build data-driven models to answer business questions.
- Conduct research on cutting-edge techniques and tools in machine learning/deep learning/artificial intelligence.
- Determine requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand the business usage of data.
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learner – Continually develops and improves their skill and knowledge to perform effectively and adapt to change in the workplace. Development occurs through a variety of learning opportunities, seeking feedback, and individual reflection.
- Personally Effective - Makes use of all of the personal resources at their disposal (talents, skills, energy, and time) to achieve goals.
- Tenacious and Results-driven - Sets high goals for themselves and others. They accomplish their goals by effectively working through challenges and demonstrate commitment to the network's goals.
- Creative Problem Solver - Focuses on improving their practices and results. They are open to new ideas and they maximize available resources.
- Effective Communicator - Conveys information in a way that is strategic, honest, timely, and respectful with whom they are interacting.
- Strong Culture Builder - Builds and supports a strong positive culture through behaviors and actions that align with DCP 2020.
- Collaborator & Partner - Works effectively with others to achieve shared goals through cooperation, sharing knowledge, joint problem-solving, and celebrating success.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Management, Statistics, or related subject
- 8 to 12 years of experience in solving business problems with Data Science and advanced analytical solutions
- Proven experience in conducting statistical analysis and building AI/ML models with advanced scripting language such as Python, R, SPSS or other analytic tools
- Experience building and deploying predictive models, web scrapping, and scalable data pipelines
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and skills such as Bayesian Networks Inference, linear and non-linear regression, hierarchical mixed models/multi-level modeling
- Experience with Talend for Data Integration (ETL), and preferably with Talend Data Fabric
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with cloud data warehousing / big data environment, preferably with Snowflake.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with unstructured data; ability to compare trade-offs between different data structures and database storage systems (relational, NoSQL, columnar, etc).
- Experience working with the Microsoft Azure Cloud, Kafka, and Linux is a plus
- Experience working with stream-based data integration is a plus.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Occasional travel may be required.
The salary range for this job is $106,900 - $176,400
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status..Primary Location:
Information Technology / Full-timeJob Posting:
Jan 4, 2021, 7:28:16 PM