Anthem Clinical Research Data Director PS6565 in Denver, Colorado
Clinical Research Data Director PS6565
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS6565
Post Date: May 31, 2018
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Corporate Clinical Quality Management Strategy and Insights area is seeking an organized, technical, yet analytical resource to help with database development, design, and maintenance. The incumbent will represent the Clinical quality team in processing of data, structuring of data to enable streamlined reporting capabilities related clinical quality, HEDIS, NCQA Measurements. This work will support production of extracts to Tableau for reporting/consulting tasks and various other database needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation of clinical data management systems including coding. Importing, quality checking, and identifying opportunities improved timeliness for processing of information from Teradata, SQL, Access, Excel,
• Identifying data anomalies, gaps in data from month to month, trends in membership/gaps in care from month to month,
• Provides expert review and guidance for production of data management deliverables including database design and set-up, validation definition and programming,
• Provides strategic recommendations for improving our ability to store, structure data for ease of reporting (Awareness of when server space is low and ability to quantify space needed for required jobs).
• Ability to recognize and improve the overall health of our data and server capabilities
Requires the following:
• BS in computer science, computer engineering, clinical, biological or mathematical sciences or related field; 8 years of experience with managing research data in CRO/pharma/biotech industry; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Strong working programming knowledge of SQL Server, SAS, Teradata, Visual Basic
• Requires knowledge and working experience in data coding, data entry, data verification and quality assurance methods, medical and surgical terminology, medical abbreviations, pharmaceutical products, medical devices, regulatory requirements, and good clinical practices.
• Preferred experience working with data management processes and systems and understanding of HEDIS, NCQA, Gaps in Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial product lines.
• Preferred knowledge/background in Clinical Quality.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran