Merrick & Company Civil Water Engineer III - Water/Wastewater in Denver, Colorado
Civil Water Engineer - 8 to 12 yrs exp. –Water and Wastewater
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Engineer with experience in design and construction oversight of water and wastewater infrastructure to join our Water Group in our Loveland, CO and Denver, CO office.
· Perform assignments in the analysis and design of water and wastewater systems.
· Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, cost estimates, studies, reports and work products.
· Position also involves providing construction support and oversight including administration and limited inspection, document review of designs by others for conformance of design standards and support to municipal water and sewer operations and maintenance.
· Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited supervision.
· Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required.
· Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
· The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications.
· Additional duties may involve project management for projects.
· Some travel may be required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School. Master’s degree preferred.
· Eight (8) - twelve (12) years of experience in the design and construction oversight of water and/or wastewater systems.
· Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
· Experience with any of the following is a plus:
o Water/Sanitary Sewer modeling
o BioWin Modeling
o GIS Systems and Programs
o Water and wastewater systems
· Public works design experience with local, State and Federal governments is a plus.
· Local candidates preferred
· Required Certifications: P.E. (Professional Engineer) in any state with the ability to obtain licensure in the State of Colorado with 6 months
The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, copiers, printers, scanners, and plotters.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job ID: 2021-2773
External Company Name: Merrick & Company
External Company URL: http://www.merrick.com
Street: 2480 W. 26th Avenue