Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc Building Intelligent Specialist in Denver, Colorado
Under general supervision, Controls Intelligent Building Specialist is responsible for programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting Building Control systems per plans and specifications, design build criteria and use of his or her extensive experience of building automations system control. Emphasis is on the creation of the lowest total installed cost-effective system that meets customer expectations. Provides detailed information to communicate design to customers, HMS field installation team and subcontractors. Serves as the technical resource for installation team. Takes on additional responsibility to review existing control systems consisting of legacy systems to determine feasibility and if a system can be integrated or needs replaced.
- Niagara N4, AX, & Advanced N4/AX certified with 10+ years related experience (additional certifications helpful).
- Experience using, reading and understanding building analytics.
- Knowledge of the HVAC industry or construction industry with focus on heating and ventilating air conditioning systems.
- Proficient in all DDC system programming of all control systems and integrations.
- Experience of integrating legacy control systems (i.e. Trane, JCI, Barber Colman, etc.)
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills to properly represent Haynes Mechanical Systems to customers and other outside contacts.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an insurable driving record as required by the company’s insurance provider.
- Possess leadership skills to lead and mentor other project technicians.
- Must have the highest degree of customer service.
- Performing maintenance on BAS systems required and performing service calls essential to the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs: participates in engineering release meeting with project field team.
- Responsible for total system operation, not limited to building automations but mechanical as well.
- Troubleshoots system problems, works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Performs static (standalone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) software programming independently.
- Configures operator workstations and all required software.
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/or a lap top computer.
- Communicates with Haynes Mechanical System’s project management and/or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site and keeps customer informed on progress.
- Reviews customer’s systems and, if needed, points out other areas of improvement and keeps management apprised of customer concerns and issues.
- Ensures all required commissioning documentation and provides accurate information for as-builts documentation.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system and assists with turnover to service.
- Communicates effectively with the general or mechanical contractor, consultants, architect engineers and other sub-contractors as required.
- Adheres to safety standards and has a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Conducts self-study to improve technical proficiency (software / hardware) in company's product lines.
- Will be available for product training and may require travel to vendor locations for such training.
- Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Previous experience with computer-aided design; Auto Cad, Visio, Microsoft products, and strong PC skills required.
- Other job duties may be assigned that are not set forth in this job description.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift 75 lbs from floor to waist with possible repetition
- Able to lift 50 lbs from shoulder to overhead
- Able to work with both arms above head for minimum of 5 minutes
- Able to carry 50 lbs for a distance of 25 feet
- Able to push or pull 125 for a distance of 150 feet
- Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Able to carry 30 lbs while climbing stairs or a ladder
- Able to grip and operate hand tools, powers tools and safety equipment, such as chain falls
- Able to lift legs and step over obstacles up to 19 inches above the ground
- Able to perform work while in varying physical positions, such as lying on side, in a kneeling position, while standing on a ladder
- Able to access rooftop units and work at heights and in some cases tight or enclosed spaces
- Able to wear a respirator if conditions require; may have exposure to potentially harmful chemicals or materials
- Able to crawl for a distance of 25 feet
- Able to stoop, squat or kneel for up to 10 minutes at a time
- Correctable to 20/20 with no color blindness
- Correctable to normal range
Keyword: Intelligent Buildings Specialist
From: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc