Occidental Petroleum Air Quality Rep II (WES) in Denver, Colorado
Title: Air Quality Rep II (WES) Location: United States-Colorado-Denver Other Locations:
The open position is for a Senior Air Quality Representative for our Southern midstream assets as a member of the Western Midstream (WES) Operational Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Team. This position will be located in our Denver office. The position will provide air quality technical support for permitting and compliance activities associated with our Texas and New Mexico operations.
• Partner with operations and engineering teams to provide air quality permitting and compliance support.
• Compliance reporting and recordkeeping responsibilities.
• Develop and implement compliance programs and conduct training.
• Assist in the development and implementation of environmental management systems.
• Work with and assist operations to provide HSSE support on projects and programs.
• Ensure communication of HSSE expectations for projects and assess against these expectations.
• Assist the Corporate Process Safety team with implementation and monitoring of continuous improvement efforts regarding process safety.
• Assist with Management of Change and Process Safety Start-up Reviews.
• Assist and provide support with HSSE meetings.
• Participate on the WES Incident Management Team for Emergency Response.
• At least four (4) years of HSSE experience required.
• Midstream, gas plant, and/or refinery experience.
• Knowledge and experience with air quality regulations, including, Federal, Texas, New Mexico, Title V, and NESHAP major source.
• Environmental management and information system (“EMIS”) and emission calculation experience.
• Experience with air quality permitting and compliance oversight, including, documentation, data management, reporting, notifications, and submittals.
• Must communicate effectively with operations and technical staff, management, and regulatory agency personnel.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental, procedures, and regulations as they apply to oil and natural gas operations.
• Proficient technical and computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a science, engineering, or industry related field.
Valid driver's license with no restriction that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
Amount of travel could be 10- 20% once travel restrictions are lifted..
This position work schedule is: Monday through Thursday, 9 hours, and Friday, 4 hours.