Copper Mountain Resort Winter 2018/2019 Ticket Window Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Winter 2018/2019 Ticket Window Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
Note: Interviews will start after August 1st
The Ticket Window Foreman is a part of the Resort Services Department and is responsible for the delivery of and quality assurance of the customer service and sales in Copper Mountain's Ticket Window locations. Guest Service Locations at Copper Mountain are responsible for the sales and fulfillment of all of Copper Mountain's winter activities both on and off mountain. Activities include but are not limited to; Ski & Ride School, Tickets, Passes, Tubing, Alpine Coaster.
The Ticket Window Foreman may be assigned a specific location(s) where he/she will ensure delivery of exceptional customer service and sales.
The Ticket Window Foreman will be responsible for the opening and closing of Ticket Windows throughout the resort. This requires being accountable for keys and cash held in safes for daily operations. It also requires holding daily update meetings with staff, communicating updates as they come in through the day and successfully completing the closing of sales locations fully.
The Ticket Window Foreman works in close concert with his/her Supervisor and Manager to deliver fiscally responsible supervision of labor resources. The Ticket Window Foreman is responsible for making sure important information gets translated to staff members on a daily basis to enable them to service the customer effectively. In addition, he/she is responsible for handling guest escalations as needed always with the support of the Supervisor and/or Manager. Encouragement and effective motivation of a large team of diverse employees is required in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- First and foremost, provide exceptional customer service to our guests at all times. This includes proactively looking for ways to improve the service we provide, resulting in an improved guest experience.
- Take ownership of all guest situations, yet recognize when to escalate to the next supervisory level. "Own the Zone"
- Develop an exceptional working knowledge of the RTP point of sale system and its effective utilization in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Maintain a superior knowledge of all products that come into the scope of the Guest Service world including passes, tickets, rentals, tubing, retail and lessons.
- Maintain a sales culture where Guest Service Agents are upselling to meet designated sales targets
- Animate the Ticket Window experience and seek continuous improvement to ways we service the guest (internal & external)
- Work closely with the Ticket Window Village Supervisors to ensure a culture of teamwork, best practices, and peer-to-peer support.
- Work to ensure that the fundamentals of the Ticket Window Department are consistent between the three villages and that the teams at each location are working together, ensuring that sharing opportunities are being utilized.
- Actively participate in training classes, provide ongoing coaching and training as required, and share system knowledge with agents so that they may better serve the guest
- Attend department meetings as required, and use these opportunities to share information with other village supervisory staff for "best practices"
- Present professional appearance and behavior at all times --- lead by example and embody our service standards.
- Be willing and able to assist the frontline at all times
- Participate in department celebrations and company functions as required. Develop creative ways to recognize and reward the team.
- Assist Ticket Window Agents as necessary with questions/obstacles they may encounter in the guest-facing environment.
- Report any Timekeeping discrepancies you are aware of to the Supervisor on behalf of the TICKET WINDOW Agents
- Make staffing decisions with relation to fluctuating business demands and the required number of personnel needed on duty
- Open/Close Ticket Window locations as necessary
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Copper's Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Must be a multi-tasker!
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Enjoys the challenge in Service Recovery -- your desire is to see guest loyalty increase
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must enjoy working with and around people
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Open and ready to learn new skills
- Organized and detailed
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Promotes workplace safety and is knowledgeable in and follows all safety requirements and policies
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years guest service experience required
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills required
- Computer proficiency required and should include MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a propensity to learn additional computer systems quickly
- Strong working knowledge of Copper's RTP Point of Sale system.
- Previous Destination Resort experience in a high-volume, customer-oriented environment preferred
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled