Copper Mountain Resort Winter 2018/2019 Snowmaking Level 3 in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Winter 2018/2019 Snowmaking Level 3
Job Status: Seasonal
A leadership position, accountable for an efficient and productive operation of the snowmaking system. Includes training of snowmakers, maintenance of all department equipment and all record keeping of the same. Assume Foreman and or controller responsibilities in their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the snowmaking system.
- Offer continual training and assistance of the standard operational and safety practices to Level I & II snowmakers. Lead crew in trail set up.
- Make snow according to all standard operating practices and safety procedures as instructed and or outlined in the manuals set forth by Copper Mountain Resort.
- Operate all transportation vehicles as per the standard operating procedures.
- Undertake general building maintenance and housekeeping on a daily basis.
- Accountable for all communication (reporting) with other departments (lifts, patrol, grooming, maintenance) in regards to location of equipment on open trails, closed trails, maintenance required, etc.)
- Ensure that all maintenance, production, snowmobile and all other log / record book are kept up to date.
- Set examples and reinforce positive motivation for the snowmaking crews.
- Overtime may be required.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Offer training and assistance to Level 1 and Level 2 Snowmakers
- Responsible for 5 crew members in foreman's absence
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Able to perform in sever and inclement conditions and terrain for sustained periods
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Must be a proficient skier / rider
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Level II snowmaker at Copper Mountain or equivalent
- Summer snowmaking expansion experience (1 year)
- Snowcat/Heavy equipment experience
- Red Cross first Aid experience
- Must be in good physical condition
- Mechanical aptitude
- Colorado Snowmobile Certificate
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled