POWDR Facilities Maintenance Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Foreman
Job Status: Year Round Full Time
The Facilities Maintenance Foreman provides general facilities cleaning and maintenance as well as quality assurance directives to staff and contract janitorial services company in an effort to provide outstanding cleaning services to Copper Mountain owned and managed properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison with activities of cleaning contractor to assure quality of work is in accord with the standards of Copper Mountain.
- Provides to cleaning contractor schedules of events hosted by Copper Mountain.
- Ensure equipment and supplies needs are met for staff and contract cleaner to perform work.
- Coordinating staff and contractor to effectively respond to any janitorial calls for assistance.
- Assist in special event janitorial needs, duties to be assigned by Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department manager.
- Report maintenance items to Condo Dispatch office.
- Adhere to work safety rules.
- Change light bulbs as needed.
- Shovel snow/ice as needed to maintain clean building entrances.
- Maintain excellent customer relations with guests, clients, and contractors.
- Ensure proper use of company facilities, vehicles, keys, supplies, and equipment.
- Communication with staff and contractors in person and by radio.
- Conduct light bulb recycling program at the Edge.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance as outlined in Copper Mountain Employee Manual.
- Responsible for ordering inventory and stocking materials necessary to meet the needs of resort operations.
- Coordinate weekly schedule with cleaning contractor.
- Review and maintain expenses for the department.
- Review monthly budget, assist with reforecasts.
- Assists with department budgeting.
Guest Service Duties:
- Work directly with department managers in a professional and timely manner.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Can handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures but, once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Can work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- This position may require the use of a motor vehicle and the employee is subject to comply with the Driver's
- Standards of Copper Mountain
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat and sun exposure
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- High School diploma required or equivalent experience
- Three years supervisory experience in the field of janitorial services preferred.
- Three years' experience in janitorial services using standard chemicals and equipment preferred
- Computer literate in MS Office 2010 and other programs used in the field of janitorial services.
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally.
Copper Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled