The MITRE Corporation Senior Signal Processing Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE's Advanced Capabilities department is a seeking a motivated communications and digital signal processing (DSP) engineer to support wireless communications programs. This is an excellent opportunity to become one a technical expert within a strong team of engineers to analyze and solve complex communications problems for our government sponsors. In this position, you will apply your technical expertise towards furthering the public good.
Typical projects include:
· Strong technical experience working with geolocation algorithms;
· Designing and applying digital signal processing algorithms to communications problems;
· Providing data processing and theoretical analysis for performance assessments;
· A strong technical background in at least several fundamental signal processing and communications domains such as detection and estimation, information theory, waveform design, stochastic processes, modulation theory, error control coding, propagation, channel equalization, interference cancellation, algorithm development, receiver design, system performance analysis, RF laboratory testing, advanced wireless protocols, SATCOM.
· BS, MS or PhD in engineering or related discipline with 3-5 years relevant experience
· Experience with satellite communication (SATCOM) system design
· Familiarity with one or more SATCOM systems to include: Military Satellite Communications, wideband SATCOM, and/or emerging commercial SATCOM systems
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
At MITRE, we solve problems for a safer world. Through our federally funded R&D centers and public-private partnerships, we work across government to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation. As a not-for-profit organization, MITRE works in the public interest across federal, state and local governments, as well as industry and academia. We bring innovative ideas into existence in areas as varied as artificial intelligence, intuitive data science, quantum information science, health informatics, space security, policy and economic expertise, trustworthy autonomy, cyber threat sharing, and cyber resilience.