Vectrus Quality Systems Specialist in Colorado Springs, Colorado
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Quality Systems Specialist (QSS) is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient execution of the Quality program by developing and implementing program Quality plans, programs, and procedures using Risk based analysis, using industry standard Quality tools, evaluation of contract requirements, and company policies.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Assist with creating program specific quality measurements (based on PWS requirements, Quality Control/Assurance plans, and deliverables) and track improvement against these metrics.
- Ensure all Quality databases are up to date with current information (CARs, QSRs, Audit Reports), conduct trend analysis on data being reported.
- Consult with local management in determining root causes for non-conformances for QA/QC.
- Assist programs in identifying and following up with Lean Projects and conduct trend analysis on types of improvements being identified.
- Audit procedural elements of program management.
- Coordinate collection of responses to customer Corrective Action Response (CAR).
- Work directly with operating entities to ensure inspections, statistical process analyses, and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements and meet specifications.
- Tracking and monitoring of customer satisfaction reports.
- Assist with increasing Risk management activities (identify program Key Performance Indicators, assist with program risk registers, program risk slides for SLT).
- Assist with scheduling internal audits and preparing internal audit checklists for deliverable PWS checks, Functional Area processes (review Manuals for deliverables and create audit checklists for each program/process area, as required).
- Assess contractual requirements, develop and maintain checklists, and communicate within QA/QC.
- Assist with maintaining Quality Management System required documentation to include Quality Management Plans, PIOPs, Project Orders, Training's, Management Reviews (required inputs and outputs), Audit Checklists and Reports, Risk and Opportunities Management.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Standard office equipment, computer, printer etc.
- Must have ability to attend customer and/or industry meetings.
- National and international travel required (30%).
- General office environment, and common industrial environment when on travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: A four-year degree in a related field is preferred.One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) Required
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 15 months of remaining validity and with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess driver’s license
- Eight (8) or more years of work experience in USG contracting, with at least two (2) years in a QA/QC capacity and two (2) years in a Supervisory role
- Knowledge and background in Lean Six Sigma practices
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels to effectively and efficiently manage the program QC Plan.
- Advanced understanding of QA/QC approaches, methods, management, and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of statistical methods, ISO 9001 standard, Lean Six Sigma, and other quality methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and strong interpersonal skills, as this position interfaces with all functions within the program and organization and a broad group of outside.constituencies.
- Sound business judgment and the highest level of integrity are required.
Does this position supervise others?No
Does this position have budget responsibilities?No
If either question was answered with“yes”, please explain the scope of the responsibilities below.
- This position requires the following supervision:
- Under general supervision–indicates the employee develops procedures for performance of a variety of duties; or performs complex duties within established policy guidelines.
- This role provides support from HQ to programs throughout Vectrus Systems Corporation.
Title: Quality Systems Specialist
Location: CO-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: VEC000802
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.