Lockheed Martin Multi Functional Engineering Sr Mgr in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The selected candidate will fill the role of Senior Engineering Manager for the SBIRS program in Colorado Springs with a focus on supporting the development of S2E2, and the sustainment of MGT and GCNM. This position will manage multiple disciplines including Systems, Software, Hardware, Integration and Test and Engineering Operations. Responsibilities include the following:
• Developing capability talent pools and effectively applying resources to program and proposal teams.
• Identifying and strengthening critical skills and innovative solutions that provide discriminating value to the business.
• Developing career management plan for critical skill areas.
• Driving employee engagement activities including talent management, career development, training opportunities and employee recognition.
• Proactively addressing employee HR items and promoting consistent management processes at all levels of leadership
Desired Skills: • Program Management or Senior Project leadership experience
• Experience forming and growing a high performing multidiscipline team
• Demonstrated experience growing and nurturing the talent within an organization
• Success establishing and cultivating deep customer relationships
• The candidate should possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, and show the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to shifting priorities and to effortlessly multitask across those priorities.
• Ability to inspire collaboration, confidence, and motivation of a team in stressful and dynamic environments.
• Demonstrated process improvement mindset
• The successful candidate is an established Full Spectrum Leader, demonstrating the following:
o Shape the Future – Strategic thinker and thought leader. Effectively assess, develop, and deploy talent to enable business growth and program performance
o Build Effective Relationships – Foster integration and collaboration across the program
o Energize the Team – Employ creative techniques to spark innovation, boost morale, and build high performing teams
o Deliver Results – Execute program commitments within all cost, schedule and quality constraints.
Model Personal Excellence – Nurture a continuous learning environment through training, collaboration, self-study, webinars, brown bags, and domain knowledge transfer.
• Demonstrated CAM/EVM expertise including milestone reviews, audits, and (joint) surveillance reviews
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Experience identifying and pursuing new work (Proposals, ECPs, RFCs, ROMs, etc)
• Expertise in Metrics Collection, Risk and Opportunities Management, and Staffing
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.