City of Colorado Springs Maintenance Technician I in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Maintenance Technician I
In this position, you will perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair duties in support of the Quality of Life Team in Neighborhood Services.
The hiring salary for this position is between $2,851 and $3,423 per month.
Come explore the possibilities with the City of Colorado Springs!
Learn why people love to live, work and play in Colorado Springs:
ChooseColoradoSprings.com Colorado Springs is One of the Best Places to Live according to LearnAbouttheCity_
(This information may change annually).
Essential Job Functions- the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Perform maintenance and repair of buildings, structures, drainage systems, grounds, and trails
- Remove and properly dispose of litter, debris, rubbish, overgrown vegetation, graffiti, unpermitted signs, and other blighting influences throughout the City, including vacant lots, creek beds and banks, and other areas
- Mow yards, pick up trash, and clean vacated homeless encampments
- Secure vacant structures safely using hand and power tools and other equipment/supplies
- Gather and enter evidence and data using a digital camera, computer, and software
- Perform field inspections; assess necessary repair and maintenance work
- Operate various hand and power tools and shop equipment
Complete assigned work orders; ensure compliance with City standards and specifications; maintain operation records; and file reports We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge of methods and techniques used in maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standards safety practices
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Ability to use cameras, laptops, and other technology
- Ability to safely operate assigned equipment, tools, and vehicles
Ability to read maps and receipts Successful candidate will have
Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance
Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges Ideal candidates will also have
Graffiti removal experience
- Building maintenance experience Additional Information
**You may be required to remain on-call for emergency or disaster situations.
The job offer will be contingent upon successful completion of a polygraph examination, extensive background check, and other pre-employment assessments. Applicants that have used marijuana or CBD products within 18 months _from the date of their application submission _will not be eligible for hire. More information about the Colorado Springs Police Department’s Marijuana Use Policy can be found at** https://coloradosprings.gov/police-department/page/marijuana-use
Physical Demands: *This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 25 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly *and possible exposure to biohazardous materials.
*Environmental Conditions * Primary Work Environment - Office environment with travel from site to site Extreme Temperature - Seasonally Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally Respiratory Hazards - Several times per month (paint, odors, and fumes) Noise and Vibrations - Several times per month (hand and power tools, mowers) Physical Hazards - Several times per month Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Frequently Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Frequently
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position. The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
Equal Opportunity Employer**
Salary: $2,851.17 - $4,004.58 Monthly
Location: Neighborhood Services - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): Planning & Community Svcs Dev
Job Number: 13923
Closing: 3/2/2021 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171