City of Colorado Springs Inspector II - Engineering Development Review in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Inspector II - Engineering Development Review
In this position, you will perform highly technical preliminary, interim, and final construction inspections for new development and public infrastructure, including storm drain and public pond facilities, concrete, subgrade, and asphalt.
If you previously applied for this position (closing date October 7, 2020), please do not reapply. Duplicate applications will not be sent to the hiring manager.
Learn why people love to live, work and play in Colorado Springs:
ChooseColoradoSprings.com Colorado Springs is One of the Best Places to Live according to LearnAbouttheCity_ (This information may change annually).
*Essential Functions *- the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Oversee subdivision construction functions, including reviewing and inspecting new construction sites and processing final release of financial assurances
- Ensure that all work completed complies with City codes and engineering standards, American with Disabilities Act regulations, and approved engineering specifications and plans
- Consult with and serve as technical advisor to City staff, contractors, developers, engineers, and consultants
- Ensure compliance with City engineering standards, specifications, and approved plans
- Investigate citizen and business complaints
- Maintain detailed and accurate inspection records
- Review technical plans, shop drawings, and test materials
- Review testing data submitted by outside contractors **We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Basic operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive civil engineering inspection program
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Material properties, specifications, and construction practices for asphaltic pavement and concrete sidewalk, curb, and gutter
- Soil properties related to trench backfill and road subgrade
Basic principles of surveying, technical engineering drawing, and construction management Ability to:
Read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans and specifications
- Interpret and explain pertinent City policies and procedures
- Work independently
- Safely operate assigned vehicles
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
Establish and maintain effective working relationships Successful candidate will have
High school diploma or GED supplemented by specialized training in civil engineering technology or a related field
Three years of experience in inspections related to construction/civil engineering technology Ideal candidates will also have
Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering technology, construction management, or a related field
- Four years of experience in inspections related to construction/civil engineering technology Additional Information
*Physical Demands: *This position requires the ability to sit, stand, and walk for significant amounts of time and lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds frequently.
Environmental Conditions Primary Work Environment - Work is performed in a field environment with travel from site to site. Extreme Temperature - Daily Wetness and Humidity - Daily Respiratory Hazards (dust, gases/fumes, and odors) - Several Times per Week Noise and Vibrations - Daily Physical Hazards (toxic chemicals) - Daily Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Occasionally Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Rarely
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
**Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $4,440.00 - $5,330.00 Monthly
Location: Public Works - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): Public Works
Job Number: 13809
Closing: 2/3/2021 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171