Lockheed Martin Engineering Technician I in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Area Integrator I assists with technical reviews and will provide final verifications of Installation/Modification Authorization Request (I/MARs). The Integrator will provide appropriate comments and recommendations, assist customers in the development of plan changes and provide technical expertise as required. In addition the Area Integrator will observe installation/modification changes as they occur and document in government provided database(s).
• Ensuring installations meet current site standards
• Working with/around network and communication equipment
• Verifying and documenting rack configurations
• Fiber optic and copper based communication installation verification
• Assisting customers in the development of plan changes and provide technical expertise and recommendations as required
• Providing technical solutions related to I/MAR documentation
• Performance of quality inspections
• Creation of weekly activity/status reports
Other duties include:
• Attend meetings as required
• Review data prior to delivery to customer for accuracy and completeness
• Assist in the collection of metrics
• Act as safety observer
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* HS diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Possess a current DoD Secret security clearance prior to start.
* 1+ years experience working with Ground Communications Equipment,
* Networking Equipment, and associated data and power cabling.
* Ability to perform work in underfloor or above ceiling areas.
* Solid customer service and communication and writing skills.
* Eye for detail and ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with government customers and other contractors
* Experience with customer service for the Department of Defense.
* Knowledge of Air Force Installation Standards and Emissions Security (EMSEC) requirements.
* Experience with network and communication equipment at Schriever AFB is highly desirable.
* Familiarity/Experience with large cable plants.
* Understanding of AutoCAD or drawing plans
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.