Northrop Grumman Drafter 2 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Requisition ID: 18009306
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Drafters with experience in formal engineering life-cycle processes to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Colorado Springs, Colorado location to meet challenging issues confronting national security.
Qualified individuals must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on a program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, testing and deployment, while also performing sustainment and modification associated tasks on the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS), PAVE Passive Array Warning System (PAWS), and Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS). The ideal candidates should be able to work through increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction and oversight.
This position deals with non-commercial and commercial hardware and provides scalable solutions to critical missions and data types as required by contract requirements. The preferred candidate should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs.
In addition, the candidate must be a team player, able to work comfortably and effectively with company team members as well as program stakeholders and DoD contractor senior personnel.
Drafter’s primary responsibilities are to conduct:
• Create technical drawings, CM data updates such as ICDs to include mechanical and electrical equipment, power systems, and structural components for the system.
• Draft updates associated with incorporating depot maintenance procedures into technical order format in response to engineering changes requested by the Government customer.
• Use standard computer aided design (CAD) digitizing techniques and skills.
• Digitize, edit, and revise engineering drawings of components, parts, circuits, structures and/or assemblies.
• Make engineering computations, mathematical calculations, determines scales, and prepares or revises specifications.
• Make changes of major complexity on a variety of electrical and mechanical drawings according to revision notice or general instructions. Incorporate groups of routine revision notices and follow through until complete information is on drawings. Work with other drafters and coordinate changes as necessary.
• Must have a working knowledge of DOD drawing specifications and requirements and all applicable printed wiring board/printed wiring assembly mil-specs.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
• Associate’s Degree woor other two (2) year technical degree in related discipline
• 1 years of experience with progressive responsibility in CAD and/or drafting.
• Experience in CREO, NX, Teamcenter, or similar product design tools
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Drafter 2
Location: Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: 18009306