Oracle Customer Cloud Engineer (IaaS / PaaS) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Drive maximum adoption of Oracle solution and identify/drive product expansion opportunities via high value relationship with the client.
Develop long term partnership with our clients to ensure they remain successful by realizing the full value of their investment with us to ensure client continues/replenish/renews contract with Oracle. Responsible for maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by being a liaison between our clients and Oracle's internal operations. Identify product expansion/up sell opportunities. Work with larger clients. Provide input into the CSM methodology and direction. Act as mentor to newer CSMs on a voluntary basis.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Recommended 7 to 10 years of professional experience. Demonstrated experience in implementation or client facing relationship experience. Understanding of various technical architectures and operating systems. Industry experience is desired.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud Customer Engineer – PaaS/IaaS
*Can be located anywhere in the United States*
The Oracle Customer Cloud Engineer position is a strategic, highly-visible individual contributor role that requires excellent customer facing, communication as well as hands-on technical skills. One of the goals is to assess the technical environment of Oracle application and infrastructure customers, and to apply database, application, middleware, server/OS, storage and networking skills to guide successful deployments of applications and databases on the Oracle Cloud. Further, the individual will develop use cases for cloud technologies for the client’s IT infrastructure, in order to move the client to a fully functioning cloud deployment in Oracle’s fast growing Public Cloud. This role plays a major part in the presales and post sales processes to bolster the Cloud presence of the Oracle Cloud Products at the customer site.
_Implementation Project Manager: _
· Executes on the value-based architecture defined in the pre-sales solution definition phase
· Performs rapid assessments of client's internal technology & skills landscape, targeting use cases and deployment strategies for Oracle Cloud solutions
· Ensures that customer applications are successfully built, migrated and integrated leveraging Oracle Cloud products
Customer Advocate, Escalation Manager and Support:
· Drives Oracle Cloud adoption, usage and issue escalation – in collaboration with Cloud operations, Product Management and other supporting organizations
· Serves as the customers’ advocate and provide feedback to product management and development organizations to enhance both Cloud Services and Oracle processes
· Trouble shoots issues, facilitates problem resolution – to ensure customers are maximizing their investment in Oracle Cloud solutions
· Escalates unresolved customer Cloud infrastructure technical issues - to be worked within the Oracle extended Cloud operations, Dev and Support ecosystem
Presales and Post Sales:
· Ensures that the customer is enabled to use the Oracle Cloud products and features to increase usage and achieve intended benefits
· Orchestrates the continuous Oracle understanding of Oracle Cloud use case requirements and expansion – aligning internal Oracle stakeholders/account activities with the customer's business case, strategy and milestone events
· Drives architecture discussions and white-boarding sessions with the customer’s business, IT & architecture teams to modernize, optimize and transform the customer’s IT platform and infrastructure
· Educates customers on new Cloud Service features and releases
· Drives high customer satisfaction, as measured by customer referenceability and renewals
· Deep understanding of Cloud architectures and services on the Platform (PaaS) and Infrastructure (IaaS) level. SaaS experience or experience with on-premise ERP systems a plus
· PaaS: Solid technical knowledge, ideally hands-on experience, with the Oracle software portfolio, including Oracle database, middleware, integration and development tools as well as security and IT management solutions (e.g. Enterprise Manager, Identity Management)
· IaaS: Solid technical knowledge, ideally hands-on experience, with networking/Software Defined Networking (SDN), Cloud connectivity strategies, VPN, Equinix Cloud Exchange, compute services, operating systems (Linux, Windows), storage and virtualization technologies
· Experience with Oracle Engineered Systems such as Exadata a plus
· Cloud implementation or architecture expertise: preferably with Oracle Cloud/OCI or related technologies such as Amazon Web Services AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud. Cloud certifications a plus
· Expertise to develop a public or hybrid cloud architecture based on customer requirements, in partnership with the account’s technical pre-sales team
· Knowledge of migration strategies and technologies of on-prem workloads and processes to Cloud environments – including networking and connectivity requirements
· Impeccable client facing and communication skills
· Ability to work in virtual and distributed team environments
Title: *Customer Cloud Engineer (IaaS / PaaS) *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000FD1