Lockheed Martin Propulsion Mechanical Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Fleet Ballistic Missiles (FBM) is one of Lockheed Martin’s outstanding programs that prioritizes partnership, integrity and reliability. Propulsion Engineering is an organization within FBM which design and provides production/facility support for all three stages of the Boost Rocket Motors.
As a Propulsion Engineer you will have a blend of technical and programmatic responsibilities and will collaborate across organizations to help meet safety, schedule, and cost. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with a team of Propulsion Engineers which involves open communication between customers and the team. The high level of responsibility will provide developmental, growth and mentorship opportunities to help you advance in your career
- Technical management and recommendation for the Boost Rocket Motors, where you will partner to work root cause analysis, engage in vendor support/relationship building, and production delivery support
- Use strong collaboration skills that can accommodate our various partners across differing geographic locations
- Direct and lead analytical support tasks in support of hardware action items
- Collaborate with subcontract management to provide technical support, provide and participate in mentorship opportunities and professional development, all while serving as a technical interface to FBM management, systems engineering, quality, and our Navy counterparts
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Experience with production support, integration, and/or qualification of hardware components
- Experience as a hardware owner (such as Certified Principal Engineer: CPE or Subject Matter Expert: SME, etc)
- Combination of experience in: engineering project management, supplier management, annual budget proposals, technical evaluations, tracking and development of cost/schedule
- Exposure to or participation with failure investigations, root cause analysis, and/or corrective action disposition
- Ability to obtain or maintain a DoD Secret Clearance; US citizenship is required
- Missile and/or aerospace related education or experience
- Experience with FBM processes and products
- Experience as project or team lead
- Risk and opportunity experience with an understanding of continuous improvement concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated leadership and initiative
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.