Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are a community of engineers looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to join our tight-knit group. Fleet Ballistic Missiles (FBM) is one of Lockheed Martin’s premier Lines of Businesses that prioritizes partnership, integrity, and reliability. This position is for a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer in Ordnance Engineering that collaborates well in a team environment, has excellent communication skills, and is comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be deployed to the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program working as an Ordnance Products Engineer. Job duties include responsibility for the design, development, manufacture, procurement, and test for ordnance components used for initiation, separation, and destruct systems. The job requires interface coordination with customers, ordnance suppliers and test facilities, along with other related disciplines including manufacturing, subcontracts, quality, structure design and analysis, systems engineering, and integration. This position is based out of the Denver, CO area currently staffed in Centennial, CO; the selected candidate will travel on occasion to various FBM and supplier sites.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Matlab
- Experience with design, test, manufacture, qualification, and integration of technical components
- Experience in coordinating product manufacturing
- Experience in engineering project management including: managing suppliers, Basis of Estimates (BOEs), technical evaluations, proposals and negotiations, tracking and development of cost and schedule
- Experience in failure investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action disposition
- Demonstrated ability to technically lead and mentor engineers
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret Clearance; US citizenship is required
- Missile, ordnance, and/or aerospace related education or experience
- Experience with FBM processes and products
- Fleet Ballistic Missile Program Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or CPE Delegate experience
- Ordnance requirements definition and test plan development, execution, and verification
- Ordnance test and instrumentation experience
- Familiarity with Ordnance Age Management programs
- Familiarity with industry standards for design and testing of ordnance devices
- Knowledge in design, development and manufacture of ordnance components and assemblies.
- Awareness of materials and process for manufacture for ordnance devices
- Risk and opportunity experience with an understanding of continuous improvement concepts
- Experience with SolidWorks, Simulink, I-DEAS and/or Pro-E/CREO
- Geometric Design & Tolerancing (GD&T)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.